It is official; the House of Representatives has passed its almost 2,000 page document for health care/medical insurance reform. Of all the information that lies within it here are some of the facts that have been gathered about it:
- Medicare will be cut by $400 billion.
- Medicare Advantage, which helps over 10 million senior citizens, will be dismantled in order for the current administration’s deal with AARP to go through for a more expensive option called Medi-Gap to be used. This was done in order to gain the endorsement of AARP.
- There will be 35 million new patients that will need health care and the providers will not be able to keep pace especially if many of the doctors leave their jobs as promised if this is passed. In fact 45 percent of doctors are threatening this very point.
- Obama sought to gain ‘doctor approval’ by getting an endorsement from the American Medical Association, or AMA, but the fact is that only 18 percent of America’s doctors belong to the organization and many of them strongly disapprove of the government’s health care measures.
- Those who are uninsured will be penalized 2.5 percent of their income if they do not buy medical insurance. There will also be a possibility of five years in prison if the penalty is not paid.
- While the plan does offer subsides to low income people, those subsidies only take place after they have paid eight to twelve percent of their incomes towards medical costs. As if low income people weren’t having a hard enough time paying their bills.
- Many medical devices such as wheelchairs, hearing aids, and more will now be taxed. That cost will be passed on to the patient, or to the insurance company that will then raise premiums. Either way it is the American people who will pay the price.
- The new bill states that medical expenses will have to equate to ten percent of your total income in order for you to be able to deduct the costs from your federal tax return. This is an increase of 2.5 percent from the current level of 7.5 percent.
- Many uninsured will have to be added to state funded Medicaid rolls which is going to effectively raise state taxes.
- By the fifth year of the plan being in effect, there will be a 40 percent tax on health insurance for households earning over $75,000 per year.
- By the year 2013 the average family’s health care coverage premium cost will increase by a whopping $1,700 per year.
- This bill will create an estimated 150,000 new government jobs in the form of 110 new boards, bureaucracies, commission, and other such programs. These people will be making all of your health care decisions for you. What plans you can and can’t have and what you can and can’t be treated for. And only one person, the commissioner of health care, will have the final say in defining what goes in the government health plan and your private health plan.
- Taxes to fund this plan are to begin immediately, but the plan will not take effect until 2013. This is like paying on something for three years and never getting to utilize it. This is being done so that the revenues will run the plan for seven years and bring the bill in under Obama’s ten year dollar limit. While this may make him look like a hero in the short term, after the first ten years of the program it will always be in the red; the same as Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.
Is this the type of health care reform America needs or wants? Perhaps the focus should lie on other issues such as tort reform which could reduce premiums by 40 percent. Don’t you want to be able to buy health insurance across state lines to keep competition fierce and costs down? These points and more are all part of a conservative health care reform bill that the liberals will simply not let come to light.
The problem is that Obamacare is not really about finding the best solutions for medical care for Americans. It is about growing the government’s power and increasing government jobs. It is also about greasing the palms of those who have greased theirs in the past. This bill includes huge concessions to union bosses that the American people will have to pay for. And because trial lawyers gave a substantial amount of campaign dollars to the liberals, there is no way that tort reform is ever going to be brought up.
It is time to wake up and smell the coffee America. Instead of listening to the liberal government entities that seem to have hidden agendas you need to be listening to conservative talk radio, watching Fox News, and conducting your own research online. The liberals are counting on the fact that most Americans won’t want to read the 2,000 page document that is the health care reform bill, but you have to prove them wrong.
This could be the end of America as we know it. China has already voiced concerns about this health care reform and when they speak we have to listen since they have been funding all this debt that the government keeps racking up; now at $12 trillion and counting. What happens when they decide to stop floating the bill for all this paper money that the government keeps printing? This out of control spending of our money needs to stop.
This is not about being a Democrat or a Republican; this is about being smart and caring about the future of our country. Every American is supposed to have a voice and now is the time that you must make your voice heard. Call, e-mail, fax, or write your Senators and Representatives today and tell them this has to stop.
President Obama, Rep. Pelosi, and Sen. Reid are on a mission to have Obamacare passed by this Christmas. The country has to act now, not later. If Americans wait too long, there may not be a very bright tomorrow to look forward to.